ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

stuck with 3d text (CC Sphere) in CC 2014

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson Maystuck with 3d text (CC Sphere) in CC 2014
by on Sep 2, 2014 at 10:46:06 pm

I have been following these threads and am trying to get better at AE. By the way, I am now hooked in AE

I was able to make my rotating earth with CC Sphere and keyframes on the X axis. I want to have my text come out from behind the earth, rotate left and stop in front of the globe. I added CC Sphere to my text and my text is all bunched up but I was able to use a transform function and get it larger than my earth. I made both layers 3D, but I am stuck. I can't get the text to rotate around the earth...Comong from behind and stopping out front.

I found this older post, but can't get it to work.

"i assume that this was a reply to another post, or you have answered your own question...

but there are a couple other ways to do this.

one easy way is to use a text preset called 'rotate text on circle' (just apply it directly to the text layer from animation presets>presets>text>3d). you'll probably need to rotate it on the y axis after that. then make your cc sphere layer 3d and place it at the same position as the text (ie, if the text is at 360,240,0, enter the same for the sphere layer).

this way the text will appear to go be
hind the sphere with out having to mess with fade in/out timing."

Anyway, I can't seem to get my text circle t in back of the earth.

Any advice for someone that can do basics stuff in AE?

Cheers.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: stuck with 3d text (CC Sphere) in CC 2014
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 3:47:20 pm

How are you intending to rotate your text around the globe?

What specific issue(s) do you have when trying to follow the 'older post'?

Cheers
- Roland

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Nelson MayRe: stuck with 3d text (CC Sphere) in CC 2014
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 7:02:39 pm

Here is a jpeg. I made text and added the CC Sphere filter. I can get the text to rotate, but I can't get it to go behind the earth. I am really not that good at AE yet, but I can't seem to get these. I downloaded your plug in, but I don't know how to replace the source code.

I used "CC circle text" for my text. Anyway, I made my layers 3D, but that is all I can do from there.

Would there be a free template out there that I can use? Or a tutorial I can follow until I get up to speed on AE?

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: stuck with 3d text (CC Sphere) in CC 2014
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 7:34:09 pm

It's hard to see what your issue is. So, here are a few tips.

1) Use the Text Animation Preset - 3D Rotate (you mentioned this is your first post). With this, you don't need the CC Sphare effect on the Text Layer.

2) Ensure that both layers are 3D Layers

3) You may have to enlarge the mask that is being used as the source path for the Text Layer's Path Options. The mask has to be larger than the globe. Otherwise, parts of the text will look cut off as they intersect the globe while rotating.

4) For AE tutorials etc, take a look at the links on this page - http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff....

HTH
- Roland

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]