ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Simple particular question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike MacKenzieSimple particular question
by on Sep 2, 2014 at 2:42:05 pm

Hello everyone...
This question should be easier to answer than to ask.
I have created rain in Particular, and am using Bounce physics. I want my rain to be at an angle, not straight up and down, so I am precomping my rain in a larger comp, rotating the World property so the rain hits my bounce floor at an angle, then when I bring my precomp into my main comp, I rotate in the opposite direction to make the floor level again.
The problem I am having is my raindrops are no longer raining in the direction of their motion, they are kind of coming down sideways (the graphic look is stylized and my raindrops are more like dashes than dots).
I'm pretty sure it's a simple property toggle to reorient my rain in the direction of its motion, and I keep going over all the options but cannot find it.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Simple particular question
by on Sep 2, 2014 at 5:11:34 pm

i have an older version of particular, so this may be different in your version.

since i have no 'world' property, i would use a directional emitter and rotate it the direction that i needed the rain to fall (which may be the equivalent to 'world properties').

then i'd adjust the particle rotation to counter the emitter rotation, so they looked like they were falling the right direction.

but i wouldn't do this in a precomp, i'd do it in the main comp with the floor.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Simple particular question
by on Sep 2, 2014 at 5:12:14 pm

How about keeping the world straight and rotating the emitter at an angle?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved