ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

advice on mapping .jpg onto a solid within the zaxwerks plug in CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson Mayadvice on mapping .jpg onto a solid within the zaxwerks plug in CS4
by on Sep 1, 2014 at 8:59:54 pm

A few years ago I was able to create a rudimentary planet earth with text going around it with AE CS4 and Zax Proanimator 4.5. It was made in SD and now I need it in HD. I have been out of editing for 5 years and never really got into AE. Anyway, there was a tutorial on how to do this. I can't find that tutorial and can't remember now to start this from scratch. Via a Zaxwerks post I was told to make my solid setting - using the button "make comp size" which is shrinks the earth and text, when I go into the solid modification dialogue box. But I can't do it on the "mask" layer. I tried to manually change the comp size, but now I have a 720 comp with the "earth and text" clipped.

I remember this being such a simple exercise to make this. If we can't solve the problem with my current project, can anyone here make a guess on how to map the solid in the zaxwerks plugin in AE?

I remember creating a comp. I imported a .jpg of the earth (full image). I remember making a solid, then adding proanimator as an effect. Looking back at my old project, there is a mask, and somehow you had to map the earth picture to the sphere in the zax plugin. Is this simple enough to figure out. Can you give me steps.

Since I am using FCP3 and footage from and HVX-200 I set my comp size for HDX 1080/DVCPRO 720 (1.33). Am I correct here?

Here is a screen shot of my .aep session. The following .mov files is what I am trying to achieve in HD.

3D Earth in SD

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved