ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What would be the best settings encoding h264 for projection on the light of AVFoundation OS X?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eri KossusWhat would be the best settings encoding h264 for projection on the light of AVFoundation OS X?
by on Aug 31, 2014 at 6:56:44 am

Apple new way of dealing with video introduced with AVFoundation (versus Quicktime) allows very fast play of h264 encoded video. The decoding is done by GPU so I can play 3-4 fullHD clips simultaneously without any frame dropped - 30fps.
Since almost all tips for encoding h264 are either outdated or for internet use I would like to know if somebody has experience with this new situation. I play clips on computer so file size does not matter that much.
So what would be the best quality settings of h264 for computer use?

Return to posts index

Eri KossusRe: What would be the best settings encoding h264 for projection on the light of AVFoundation OS X?
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 11:21:43 am

Does someone wish to share their experience with H264?

Return to posts index

Eri KossusRe: What would be the best settings encoding h264 for projection on the light of AVFoundation OS X?
by on Sep 11, 2014 at 4:27:58 pm

I have had some suggestions from other forums, but people just name the apps they use. I however would like to know about the actual settings within any app. Specially advanced settings.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:14:47 pm

Well it is rather funny that nobody either use H264 or want to share their experience.
Here is however a tip how to find some good advise.
http://troikatronix.com/troikatronixforum/discussion/2061/helpful-document-...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]