ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

BM Desktop Video 10.1.4, unsupported frame sizes, and AE/PP CC 2014

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham HutchinsBM Desktop Video 10.1.4, unsupported frame sizes, and AE/PP CC 2014
by on Aug 29, 2014 at 5:00:10 pm
Last Edited By Graham Hutchins on Aug 29, 2014 at 5:12:30 pm

Yes! Blackmagic released an update to their Desktop Video drivers to allow SDI playback for unsupported frame sizes!

Has anyone actually gotten this function to work?

There's an option in the "Video Preview" preference in After Effects and the "Playback" preference in Premiere "For output of unsupported frame sizes".

Neither "Center" nor "Scale to Fit" seem to affect anything as far as pushing a video image through my UltraStudio MiniMonitor to my FSI LM-2461 in either AE or PP CC 2014.

I've restarted my machine and just now uninstalled and reinstalled the BM Desktop Video drivers. I'm also speaking with BM support and I'm waiting to get a call back after the rep tests some things out with AE and Premiere.

Heard back from BM support and they're seeing this issue as well with at least the MiniMonitor, maybe other devices. I've been told this issue has been escalated to product management and that they're testing this functionality with other products. It's good to know that BM is being responsive, but it also seems like something that should have been tested before going out the door.

OSX 10.9.4, Windows 7
Adobe CC, CC 2014
FC Studio 3
DaVinci Resolve 11
12-core 2.7GHz nMacPro, 64 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved