Ray traced number countup?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike MacKenzie
Ray traced number countup?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:01:22 pm
Last Edited By Mike MacKenzie on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:20:17 pm

Hey everyone...

I need to do countup (similar to the Numbers effect, I need to count from zero to one billion) using dimensional, raytraced type. Are there any ways to do this? I'm guessing maybe source text with an expression, so I built a slider control but that seems to top off at one million, as well as some craziness with decimal placement. Commas would also be cool.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Ray traced number countup?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:30:14 pm

This is handy:
http://lesterbanks.com/2014/06/ubernumber-expression-end-expressions-number...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mike MacKenzie
on Aug 25, 2014 at 11:20:21 pm

Very helpful with formatting, I just donated some money to him. However, I am trying to generate the number 1,000,000,000 via expression slider, and it stops at 1,000,000. is this a limitation of after effetcs, and is there any way around it?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Aug 27, 2014 at 1:06:03 am

I had a similar problem. But since my real usage didn't actually require seeing all 10,000,000 numbers I was scrubbing--and only required that we see the rollover to 10 million, I broke it into two pieces and just created the illusion by incrementing the first 5 digits to 10 thousand as one precomp and letting the last 3 just be disassociated as an artistic blur of 0-999 as their own precomp.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 29, 2014 at 1:33:58 pm

[Mike MacKenzie] "I am trying to generate the number 1,000,000,000 via expression slider, and it stops at 1,000,000. is this a limitation of after effetcs, and is there any way around it?"

The Slider Control effect has a (silly) limit of 1,000,000.

If you use an Angle Control effect instead, you can get up to much larger numbers. Enter the number you want directly in the degrees field; the effect will translate this to rotations + degrees in the ECP, but will return the number of degrees to the expression.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]