ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Paste Mocha Mask puts mask in a weird place

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Cundill
Paste Mocha Mask puts mask in a weird place
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:04:44 pm

Hi All,

I've been searching the forums for an answer to this but I can't seem to find one. People tend to have a problem with their keyframes when importing a Mocha Mask but that isn't that issue here. My key frames are fine and the animation is not a problem.

I'm currently using Mocha to track the top lip of a girl applying lipstick. I have my track pretty tight in Mocha and everything looks fine there. The problem here is when I use the 'Paste mocha mask' option in After Effects the mask pastes onto the girls forehead and looks to half size in hight. If I simply paste the shape data as an effect then it puts it bang in the right place, on her top lip. I was fine for a while using the mask as an effect but now I need to make changes and I really need to have the flexibility of the after effects mask rather than the effect.

I can't understand it at all. The really weird thing is, the shots I'm tracking are all from the same clip and the first shot I tracked the mask pasted with no problems. It was only when I came to track the second shot that this happened. Now it happens every time.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

Cheers

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
Re: Paste Mocha Mask puts mask in a weird place
on Aug 25, 2014 at 10:29:28 pm

When I see issues described "1/2 the height" I suspect that you are working with a de-interlaced project.

If possible, check your project setting and to troubleshoot, re-export this source clip as sequential frames and re-import into mocha in a frame based non-interlaced project.

Beyond this, it is best to log a support case:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/contact-support/

good luck,
Ross

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]