ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Paste Mocha Mask puts mask in a weird place

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James CundillPaste Mocha Mask puts mask in a weird place
by on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:04:44 pm

Hi All,

I've been searching the forums for an answer to this but I can't seem to find one. People tend to have a problem with their keyframes when importing a Mocha Mask but that isn't that issue here. My key frames are fine and the animation is not a problem.

I'm currently using Mocha to track the top lip of a girl applying lipstick. I have my track pretty tight in Mocha and everything looks fine there. The problem here is when I use the 'Paste mocha mask' option in After Effects the mask pastes onto the girls forehead and looks to half size in hight. If I simply paste the shape data as an effect then it puts it bang in the right place, on her top lip. I was fine for a while using the mask as an effect but now I need to make changes and I really need to have the flexibility of the after effects mask rather than the effect.

I can't understand it at all. The really weird thing is, the shots I'm tracking are all from the same clip and the first shot I tracked the mask pasted with no problems. It was only when I came to track the second shot that this happened. Now it happens every time.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Paste Mocha Mask puts mask in a weird place
by on Aug 25, 2014 at 10:29:28 pm

When I see issues described "1/2 the height" I suspect that you are working with a de-interlaced project.

If possible, check your project setting and to troubleshoot, re-export this source clip as sequential frames and re-import into mocha in a frame based non-interlaced project.

Beyond this, it is best to log a support case:

good luck,

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved