ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RED Bug in After Effects 2 months and counting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance MoodyRED Bug in After Effects 2 months and counting
by on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:31:01 pm
Last Edited By Lance Moody on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:32:22 pm

2 months since a very nasty bug with Red footage was reported to Adobe. Their new nimble, quick to respond CC team, not held back anymore by the old way of releasing things, did manage to respond 3 weeks ago to say that they had no idea when a fix would be available.

Perhaps we are now waiting for this fix as a spotlight feature of CC2015!


Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: RED Bug in After Effects 2 months and counting
by on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:55:52 pm

We're working on a fix, and it is our intent to release a fix in the next update, which is likely to come out in a month or two.

Even though we now have the ability to release updates on our own schedule, that doesn't remove the need for us to be careful with how we develop and test these fixes. Nor does it change the fact that it's more efficient to bundle a set of fixes together into a single update, rather than rush to release each individual fix out as a separate patch.

In the meantime, there are some workarounds discussed here and in the forum thread that it points to:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Lance MoodyRe: RED Bug in After Effects 2 months and counting
by on Aug 23, 2014 at 8:52:23 pm
Last Edited By Lance Moody on Aug 23, 2014 at 8:55:58 pm

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check back in with you in a month, then since there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else I can do.
If you think that ~4 months is a good response time for a bug that affects many users on the high end, then there is nothing that those users can do.

Speaking as one of those hapless users, I can say that rushing does not seem to be the problem here.

Adobe's last, presumedly unrushed, update, after all, disastrously destroyed the preferences for users who applied it. So if we are just rolling the dice anyway, I guess getting a potential fix (for a bug that costs many hours of rendering--you have been informed that the work-around is unreliable) sooner rather than later is probably preferable (understanding that I have no say in the matter).

A 4 month wait for a critical fix is certainly not what I envisioned when I read about the claims of how CC teams could be much more responsive to bugs, etc.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved