ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to Create Lens Flare & Bubbling Effects Using After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Camella Gonzales
How to Create Lens Flare & Bubbling Effects Using After Effects?
on Aug 19, 2014 at 10:45:05 pm

Hi there! I really need your help again :) I'm wanting to know how to achieve these effects using After Effects:

• lens flare effect on the wedding ring the black figure is wearing
  • (

)

• 'bubbling' effect like there is ink developing and bubbling on the canvas
  • (

)

This is for the creation of a horror movie. Once again, your time and help in answering my questions would be very much appreciated. :)

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
    Re: How to Create Lens Flare & Bubbling Effects Using After Effects?
    on Aug 20, 2014 at 1:21:24 pm

The spot on the ring could honestly just be a really small, feathered circular shape layer. You'd have to rotoscope it; it's too dark to even attempt motion tracking. Maybe add a masked shine effect if it needs more of a reflective look. It will take quite a bit of time to manually track it to the ring.

For the canvas, you can manually keyframe some masks to reveal the image, or you can use a clip of an ink bleed with an alpha channel to use as a track matte. If the shot is moving, you'll also have to do 3D camera tracking also. Keep that in mind if it hasn't been shot yet.

It seems like you might be in a bit over your head. I'd check out Video Copilot's Basic Training before diving in an trying to achieve more difficult effects.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
    Re: How to Create Lens Flare & Bubbling Effects Using After Effects?
    on Aug 20, 2014 at 8:28:44 pm

CC Mr. Mercury would be an excellent bubbling liquid option.

Also, the VCP basic training is a bit out of date. I'd suggest a beginner go through these resources instead [link] (which do include the VCP tutorials as well).

- The Great Szalam
    (The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]