ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change Project Format from 1080 HD into PAL

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ginger berker
Change Project Format from 1080 HD into PAL
on Aug 18, 2014 at 2:09:25 pm

Hi,

I have a 30 second trailer - which is 1080 HD (1920 x 1080), it was at first made only for the internet. Now we need this trailer for a TV ad, and the TV Station needs this format requirements: PAL 16:9, 720 x 576 Pixel anamorph.

I wasn't able to find anything on the internet, if I can use my existing HD trailer, and adapt or change it into the PAL format, this would save tons of time. Otherwise I would have to completely rebuild the trailer from scratch.

Is there any solution to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks :)

Cheers,
Ginge

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Change Project Format from 1080 HD into PAL
on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:29:44 pm

[ginger berker] "I have a 30 second trailer - which is 1080 HD (1920 x 1080), it was at first made only for the internet. Now we need this trailer for a TV ad, and the TV Station needs this format requirements: PAL 16:9, 720 x 576 Pixel anamorph."

This is pretty straightforward to do. Create a new comp using the "PAL D1/DV Widescreen" preset. Drop your 1920x1080 comp in, and use Layer > Transform > Fit to Comp. You may want to turn on the Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction button [link] so you can see your comp in widescreen, but it will not affect output either way.

You may want to enable field rendering in the Render Settings for the item when you add it to the render queue. PAL is usually supposed to be upper field first (but I believe PAL DV is lower field first).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]