ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE cs6 blurs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott AdamsAE cs6 blurs
by on Aug 17, 2014 at 4:22:56 pm

Hey anyone and everyone! I need some assistance on a project and I am hoping someone out there can assist. I am pulling a person out of a 2d image with a blank tv screen behind him. I have the hard part done with the extraction and footage on tv but my problem now lies in matching them back up. Its a simple task (if doing it in Nuke) but I don't have access to Nuke anymore and I am using AE cs6. My query is, is there a plugin or process that I could try to create an edge blur on the extracted piece that won'affect the rest of the image? Nuke has an edge blur node which makes this easy but I am trying to learn compositing in AE and I just can't get it to look good enough to add to my reel.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE cs6 blurs
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 1:21:00 pm

How did you pull the guy out of the footage? Without knowing what you've done, we're gonna have a hard time guessing. You might also look at some resources for light wrapping [link].

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Scott AdamsRe: AE cs6 blurs
by on Aug 27, 2014 at 6:31:57 am

Duplicated footage then I created a garbage mask and used roto brush and then frame by frame manipulation of the roto. Still not as accurate as i need but its what I've got to work with. Now i need to soften up edges to match so i dont have razor sharp edges.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved