ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects CC 2014 - Almost Not Working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry RobinsAfter Effects CC 2014 - Almost Not Working
by on Aug 17, 2014 at 4:16:15 pm
Last Edited By Harry Robins on Aug 17, 2014 at 4:21:27 pm

I have only had this computer for around 4 months, with after effects installed roughly the same time. But suddenly the other day, it stopped giving me RAM previews, and came up with the message: "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback", so I followed everything that all other forums tell me, empty my cache, clear memory, I even tried to change the CPU cores from 4 to 2, and to 3. But every time I try to RAM preview, it says that error. Now more recently, the whole interface has become slow. Each frame with 1/4 resolution preview takes 30 seconds to appear. Plus as I play through the comp, it shows the blue bar saving the frames for only a couple of frames.

I have Windows 8.1 64-bit AMD A4-5000 Processor, NVIDIA Geforce 1024MB, 6GB DDR3 Memory, Parkard Bell imedia S2185.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects CC 2014 - Almost Not Working
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 12:09:09 am

There's a bug in Ae CC 2014 which causes a memory leak if you scrub audio. This means that Ae loses track of some of the RAM it has used, so it thinks it has less and less RAM to work within until there is not enough to work.

A workaround until it is fixed is to relaunch After Effects.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects CC 2014 - Almost Not Working
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 1:19:13 pm

Another workaround is to do all your audio scrubbing work in CC and only use CC 2014 when you need to use some of the new features.

Adobe has said there is a bug-fix update for CC 2014 coming soon. The hoped-for date was "early fall".

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects CC 2014 - Almost Not Working
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 4:15:38 am

Note that the memory leak while scrubbing audio is fixed in the upcoming update:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved