ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make default keyframe easy ease

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg strangeHow to make default keyframe easy ease
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 11:22:35 pm

When I click the stopwatch to add a keyframe how can I make the default keyframe that comes up an easy ease keyframe (hourglass shape) rather than the diamond-shaped linear keyframe? I am so tired of having to select my keyframes and hit F9. My F9 button is getting worn out! Is there a way to make it default to easy ease?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to make default keyframe easy ease
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 11:34:52 pm

I've never wanted to do that, but I'm pretty sure you can change the default keyframe type in AE preferences.

If you don't like it, you can always change it back.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

greg strangeRe: How to make default keyframe easy ease
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 11:41:47 pm

That was the first place I checked before making this post. I don't see anywhere in the prefs to do this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to make default keyframe easy ease
by on Aug 16, 2014 at 11:00:19 pm

I'll assume you looked through all the hundred-some-odd tweaks you can make in AE Preferences, and not just the first page of them.

In which case, I would do what I would if I were in your shoes -- I would open AE Help and use search terms like keyframe interpolation, default keyframe interpolation, change default keyframe interpolation.... you get the idea.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: How to make default keyframe easy ease
by on Aug 20, 2014 at 1:08:15 pm

I previously sent a feature request to Adobe for this (the ability to set a keyframe to default to easy-ease). Hitting F9 constantly gets a bit boring. Maybe you could send a feature request for this, too - the more people ask for it, the more likely it is to appear in a future version of AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]