ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby YarsulikPre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:38:55 pm

Hey guys, the issue I'm having is a section of a video where I'm using a 3d cam with text inserted into the scene. I had to do an english as well as spanish version.

The english version is fine, however, the spanish narration can't be re-done, and there is a timing issue.

In the "Normal" video, that is normal speed, and is similar to the english as far as the video portion goes.

To have the Spanish make sense, I pre-comped everything, enabled time-remapping and added a little speed up in the middle section, and afterwords, the words seem really out of place.

I moved the time keyframe at the end of the scene forward the same amount of frames that were skipped, which I thought would work, but it didn't help.

Please ignore the graphical issue at :02, I just haven't fixed it yet!! :)

"Normal Video"
http://reels.creativecow.net/film/normal-text-video

"Out of Sync Video"
http://reels.creativecow.net/film/out-of-sync-text

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Pre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 6:57:52 pm
Last Edited By Richard Garabedain on Aug 15, 2014 at 6:59:24 pm

I don't speak spanish, but i cannot see anything out of sync. But you know what you have to do. You have to go in and change the timing manually.

Return to posts index

Bobby YarsulikRe: Pre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 7:16:02 pm

I guess I don't mean out of sync so much as the text tracking is incorrect after the fast forward section.

Return to posts index

Bobby YarsulikRe: Pre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 7:45:17 pm

Alright... so I ended up fixing the issue by exporting the non-time remapped version, importing the exported video file, and time-remapping that instead, and the letters stayed set in the scene like they should.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]