ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Yarsulik
Pre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:38:55 pm

Hey guys, the issue I'm having is a section of a video where I'm using a 3d cam with text inserted into the scene. I had to do an english as well as spanish version.

The english version is fine, however, the spanish narration can't be re-done, and there is a timing issue.

In the "Normal" video, that is normal speed, and is similar to the english as far as the video portion goes.

To have the Spanish make sense, I pre-comped everything, enabled time-remapping and added a little speed up in the middle section, and afterwords, the words seem really out of place.

I moved the time keyframe at the end of the scene forward the same amount of frames that were skipped, which I thought would work, but it didn't help.

Please ignore the graphical issue at :02, I just haven't fixed it yet!! :)

"Normal Video"
http://reels.creativecow.net/film/normal-text-video

"Out of Sync Video"
http://reels.creativecow.net/film/out-of-sync-text

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Pre-Comped 3d cam with Text out of sync when time stretching?
on Aug 15, 2014 at 6:57:52 pm
Last Edited By Richard Garabedain on Aug 15, 2014 at 6:59:24 pm

I don't speak spanish, but i cannot see anything out of sync. But you know what you have to do. You have to go in and change the timing manually.

Return to posts index

Bobby Yarsulik
on Aug 15, 2014 at 7:16:02 pm

I guess I don't mean out of sync so much as the text tracking is incorrect after the fast forward section.

Return to posts index

Bobby Yarsulik
on Aug 15, 2014 at 7:45:17 pm

Alright... so I ended up fixing the issue by exporting the non-time remapped version, importing the exported video file, and time-remapping that instead, and the letters stayed set in the scene like they should.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]