ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Sure Target + Stereoscopic Cameras

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Goro FujitaSure Target + Stereoscopic Cameras
by on Aug 14, 2014 at 6:08:24 pm

I'm trying to use sure target 2.0 from videocopilot together with a stereoscopic camera rig.
I have my scene with camera1 parented under the sure target null with three targets. I right click camera and choose camera -> create Stereo 3D rig.

So the sure target animation looks just fine in my camera1 however if I look through the stereo rig the rotation is all messed up. It works with the position values but as soon as I add rotation to the targets
the stereo 3D camera gets screwed up. It looks like for some weird reason the rotation values of the sure target don't transfer over correctly to the stereo camera rig.
Has anyone ran into this problem?

I got it to work when I baked out the movement of sure target to the main camera using a script but that's not a pretty workaround since every time I make changes I would have to run the script, plus it doesn't work on more complicated comps.

I attached a link to the file showing the problem. Looking through camera1 everything looks fine but looking through the stereo cam the rotation is screwed up. If you remove the rotations from the targets you'll see that the stereo cam transfers the position values accurately. The problem only occurs when you rotate the targets.

http://area-56.de/temp/sure_target_stereo.aep

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Sure Target + Stereoscopic Cameras
by on Aug 14, 2014 at 6:52:38 pm

You've gotten some answers here:
http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=364029

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Goro FujitaRe: Sure Target + Stereoscopic Cameras
by on Aug 14, 2014 at 7:29:19 pm

That was my own post on Video Copilot and my question is not answered in that thread....

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Sure Target + Stereoscopic Cameras
by on Aug 14, 2014 at 7:55:36 pm

Yes, I know that it was your post. That's why I said that you have gotten some answers there.

In general, when you're posting duplicate threads, it helps to cross-link them, so that the people trying to help you in each place don't waste their time repeating what others have already told you, etc.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Goro FujitaRe: Sure Target + Stereoscopic Cameras
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 5:16:26 pm

Oh ok thanks!
I find it amazing that nobody has an answer to this.
There was a guy who posted the same issue in 2012 without any replies. Can't believe there is nobody out there who found a solution to this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]