ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Template Automation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antony TurnerAE Template Automation
by on Aug 13, 2014 at 1:38:48 pm

I'm looking for some feedback/advice from the industry experts, so please if you're an AE expert/user, then read further...

I'm in the process of building a web based template automation system. The purpose of the system is to provide a DIY video creation service to consumers, that allows them to:
1) select a template
2) upload pictures (plus edit/crop pics)
3) enter titles, captions, and other text
4) change settings (eg colors, effects, etc)
5) render a preview
6) render the final video (either SD, or HD, selectable)
(render is done by AE, and then 2-pass render done by Handbrake)

Although the service is consumer focussed, I have realised that there could be a need for this type of system in the AE community.

The architecture currently is that everything happens in the cloud, including the AE rendering etc. However, it can easily be setup to pass the rendering to any computer running our render manager. This means that instead of rendering the final video, the system can stop once the AE template has been customized, leaving you to do final tweaks, and then render.

Is there a need for this type of system in the industry? It is perfect for companies that create multiple custom videos, or say a monthly video newsletter, etc.

I'm looking for beta testers - if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Any feedback, comments, or questions would be appreciated

thanks, Antony

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE Template Automation
by on Aug 13, 2014 at 9:53:12 pm

Note that you must have a customized license to use After Effects in the manner that you describe. The single-user retail license for After Effects explicitly forbids uses like the one that you describe.

You can ask for more information from the After Effects product manager, Steve Forde (sforde at adobe dot com).

Several folks are already creating services like the one that you describe with custom licenses.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Antony TurnerRe: AE Template Automation
by on Aug 13, 2014 at 10:06:20 pm

Thanks Todd. I was aware of the restriction, but have not discussed pricing with anyone yet. I will get hold of Steve.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved