ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D camera tracker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
3D camera tracker
on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:32:06 am

I'm having the worst luck ever. I have a few shots of buildings with angles similar to this one:

I did a 3D camera tracker and added text so the text will look like it is attached to the building. The camera move is a slow dolly left or right. The camera tracker distorts the text which is cool. However, the text distortion isn't 100% correct. I'll rotate the object to get it to look right. It works great......but I want to animate the text. I would love to have it rotate like it is swinging into place like the word "Need" in this spot at 7 seconds: https://vimeo.com/68653322 Since the rotation is all messed up to get the perspective right I can't just easily alter the rotation like I would if the rotation was at zero. Any ways to easily rotate the text?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: 3D camera tracker
on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:51:13 pm

You might want to pick several tracker points and make nulls. Make several nulls then see which one works the best. Forget the create text just create nulls. Then create your text, make it 3d, parent it to a null, then set the position of the text at 0,0,0. This way it will be exactly where the null is.

Actually, for a simple pan shot like this you might want to track it with the regular tracker,

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: 3D camera tracker
on Aug 13, 2014 at 4:01:31 pm

Because the shots dollys and the camera rotates the 3D Tracker is best. I found this great tutorial on Lynda.com that had the answer I was looking for: http://www.lynda.com/After-Effects-tutorials/VFX-Techniques-Building-Replac...

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]