ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3D Problem when rotating

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franco BoragnoElement 3D Problem when rotating
by on Aug 10, 2014 at 6:09:21 pm

Hi everyone I'm new in this forum, Im learning After Effects and this is the best website to find solutions in video editing for me.

The thing that is bothering my is a model I imported in element 3D, it's working, everything is perfect, but when I try to rotate it in all ways it suddenly flips to the opposite direction.

-The model is .obj and I used zBrush to transform it from .mdl (source engine) to .obj, and fixed some bugs
-If I rotate it in the Element 3D preview it works fine in all directions
-I'm using a camera to rotate the element
-If I change the anchor point in the Element 3D config it still doesn't work, it just flips in different ways.
-I couldn't fin anything in the entire internet and I already wasted like 3 hours

This is a video I uploaded so you can see the problem by yourself:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kEauJxjFMXZQGa8ymwz

I really need help with this, and maybe it's a really basic problem but I'm really new in the 3D world so any help will be nice!
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Franco BoragnoRe: Element 3D Problem when rotating
by on Aug 10, 2014 at 6:32:02 pm

I found that I could create a one-node camera but when I do, the element doesn't rotate in place, it moves exaggeratedly around the composition. I think it haves something to do with the anchor point but I don't really know what. I'll keep trying.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Element 3D Problem when rotating
by on Aug 12, 2014 at 4:25:41 pm

This page [link] has a section of "Tips and online resources for moving and animating cameras and lights", I would suggest going through some of them.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Franco BoragnoRe: Element 3D Problem when rotating
by on Aug 12, 2014 at 5:09:26 pm

Thanks for your answer.
I've already solved this problem by modifing the world rotation on the Element 3D menu and then rotating the camera. It still flips but now It doesn't do it in the angles i'm working on, so it doesn't botter me. But I'll have to learn all that, thanks.
By the way, I wasn't aware of how we harm these poor electrons, now I feel bad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]