ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera invert itself. What to do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giacomo TventiCamera invert itself. What to do?
by on Aug 9, 2014 at 3:58:06 pm

Hi, i'm new to the forum.

For the past years i've been dealing with a tedious problem: it seems that, if i orbit an after effect camera on its vertical axis, getting a "Top view" of the object, when i past this limit, it ivert itself, meaning that it shows a "mirrored" version" (interted perspective)of the same point of view.

I've reinstalled AE multiple times and serched for this issue all over the internet, without success. I hope some of you can help me out. Now, in particular, that i discovered Element 3d, this is really becoming annoying.

Thank in advance for any response.

Bye! :)

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Camera invert itself. What to do?
by on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:27:31 pm

The camera is a 2 node camera, both Position and Point of Interest ( the 2-nodes) need to be animated.

When the Camera crosses the Point of Interest the camera turns to face it.

The solution is to either use a one node camera which only uses position (it's found under camera options) OR to animate the Point of Interest as well as Position.

Return to posts index

Giacomo TventiRe: Camera invert itself. What to do?
by on Aug 10, 2014 at 1:42:22 pm

THANKS A LOT! I really wasn't capable of figuring it out by myself. I learned AE by indirect tutorials, and i have never went in-depth with its capabilities. Maybe i'll watch some tutorials regarding AE's Camera. Thanks Again :)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Camera invert itself. What to do?
by on Aug 9, 2014 at 8:04:35 pm

Here's a link to a thread that has some links to some good camera tutorials and camera rig setups(makes controlling the camera easier)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved