ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can a logo image follow the shape and curve of a ribbon fallling video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy GirauloCan a logo image follow the shape and curve of a ribbon fallling video
by on Aug 7, 2014 at 12:45:24 pm

Difficult to explain but...my organization is having a "virtual" ribbon cutting ceremony and have chosen a ribbon cutting animation video and want to have our logo placed on the ribbon in the video and have it follow it as it falls (including it's contours). Is this even a possibility in After Effects?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Can a logo image follow the shape and curve of a ribbon fallling video
by on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:41:16 pm

Assuming this ribbon is a 3D animtion, this would be a piece of cake if you had a UV pass. It will require a good amount of careful manual work if you do not.

If you are purchasing a template, it might be easiest to contact the author and have them provide you a UV map, which you could then use with RE:Vision Effects's RE:Map plugin, or simply render the ribbon cutting with your logo for you.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Randy GirauloRe: Can a logo image follow the shape and curve of a ribbon fallling video
by on Aug 7, 2014 at 6:03:16 pm

Dear Walter,

Thanks for your very prompt reply. I have reached out to the author to see what my options are before I proceed.

Thanks again, Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]