ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS4 render problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
miku ia
After Effects CS4 render problem
on Aug 6, 2014 at 10:36:17 am

Hi!
Please help me. I use After Effects CS4 and when i try to render it takes too much time, like almost 20 hours! And the video takes 20-40 gigabytes...I tried everything, even exporting with Adobe Media Encoder CS4. Adobe Media Encoder CS4 doesn't import ae-projects, it says AE is not installed.
Please help me to render my video.
I don't know why it takes so much memory, there's only intro, mp3 file, and mp4 file and that's all.
There is a problem with mp3 file too. I don't hear any audio after rendering, I don't know why AE doesn't render the mp3.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After Effects CS4 render problem
on Aug 6, 2014 at 2:38:45 pm

See this:
FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 6, 2014 at 5:53:25 pm

In addition to the link Todd gave about the ending file size, I would suggest taking that large file into an NLE (like Premiere) to add the audio and then use Premiere to create your final, compressed deliverable. AE had problems with MP3 files in older versions like yours. In the future, transcode them to a WAV for use in AE.

Also, as your questions seem to be from someone just starting out, I highly recommend going through some basic tutorials on how to use AE. Here's a link to some. It will probably help you avoid a lot of frustration.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

miku ia
on Aug 16, 2014 at 11:35:33 am

I can't download Adobe Premiere...I tried to download every version of Premiere CS4 I find and it says that installation is not possible, because "...there are not enough resources to complete the installation..."or"...this version is not compatible with your computer...". Can you tell me how to repair this or where can I find a version of Adobe Premiere CS4 that can work?
Also I tried to use WAV files for AE and I doesn't work either.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 16, 2014 at 4:36:47 pm

How much space do you have on your hard drive? Where are you finding these downloads?

I would just use the Adobe Media Encoder to change it into a WAV instead of an MP3 and don't worry about Premiere.

Also, Premiere should have come with After Effects as a suite, unless you just bought AE by itself.

You don't need to get CS4; just get the latest CC version (unless your computer can't run the newer versions).

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

miku ia
on Aug 16, 2014 at 8:20:51 pm

I have like about 100 empty gigabytes (300 in total).
I tried to download Premiere on site like this:http://kickass.to/adobe-premiere-pro-cs4-t3408453.html and other sites, too, but it doesn't work.
I used Audacity to change the MP3 into WAV, but the video renders without audio.
I downloaded AE CS4 for free. My computer reads only 32-bit programs, and only the older CS4 version is 32-bit, CS5 and CS6 are for 64-bit only, the latest CC, too.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 18, 2014 at 1:40:55 pm

Those do not look like legitimate places to download After Effects. I would be unsurprised to find pirated software is screwy.
And unlikely to offer further assistance.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

miku ia
on Aug 19, 2014 at 10:14:19 am

It would help me out A LOT if you could give me the link where you downloaded AE. I think the legitimate version doesn't do so many errors. I would also need Adobe Encoder.If my computer reads only 32-bit programs then I can use only the CS4 versions, right?
Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 19, 2014 at 1:26:23 pm

If you've paid for After Effects, you can download it from Adobe.
This page explains how to do it [link].
Be sure to read all of the instructions on the page or it won't work.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]