ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Font symbol's problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris lawFont symbol's problem
by on Aug 5, 2014 at 2:19:59 pm

Hello, I've got a font I'm using in my composition and I need to add apostrophe's through out the various text layers, problem is every time I make an apostrophe it defaults to myriad pro, rather than using the font symbol from the font family I'm using. Its definitely in there because I managed to get it to show the apostrophe in illustrator (although even this started defaulting to myraid pro) its just annoying as I can't seem to get around this problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Font symbol's problem
by on Aug 6, 2014 at 7:05:44 pm

Change the font to the proper one BEFORE you make the changes. Or double-click on the text layer to highlight all text, then make the change.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Font symbol's problem
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 1:32:18 pm

It may also be that there is no apostrophe for that font. You might have to choose a similar, but different font for the apostrophe altogether. Ive done it, Its very hard to notice if done right.

Return to posts index

Chris lawRe: Font symbol's problem
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 1:35:50 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply, yeah I know you can do that It just annoys me, the font must be corrupt because I've had it happen before with another font and when I obtained a new version of it worked fine. Its kind of weird though because its almost like the font does have a apostrophe symbol showing when you first install it but that must be broken.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved