ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Transferring Magic Bullet Looks from Premiere project to After effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug LyonsTransferring Magic Bullet Looks from Premiere project to After effects
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 5:24:23 pm

Here's the quandary: I'm working in Premiere, adjust the color correction using Looks and now want to send those clips off to After effects for some work. I use the "replace with aftereffects" function and it pops up in AE with an effect on the clips but the data is just not there. It's a blank setup.
How do I get this to work correctly? I have licenses for each. I'm FYI I'm working in the CC 2014 for both Premiere Pro and AE.

-- A Proud member of the Reality Based Community since 1992.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Transferring Magic Bullet Looks from Premiere project to After effects
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:17:14 pm

I don't think Looks information will transfer.

There are two options I can see:

1. Export your grade as a custom preset in Looks in Premiere, then re-apply it to the footage in Ae. This may require one preset per shot. See the manual for more on the mechanics:
https://support.redgiant.com/entries/21457304-Saving-and-Managing-Looks-cus...

2. Keep the Looks applied in Premiere, and work on pre-correction footage in Ae. In Premiere, cut your Looks effect from the ECP before you send the clip to Ae. Next, right-click the clip and choose "Replace with After Effects composition." Finally, paste the Looks effect back on to the linked comp in Premiere.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]