ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can AE 5.5 work with Mac OS 10.9?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter RafalowCan AE 5.5 work with Mac OS 10.9?
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 5:03:28 pm

I'm currently running Mac OS 10.7.5 on my edit system and thinking about upgrading to 10.9 (Mavericks)...but I'm using AE 5.5. Does anyone know whether this version of Adobe CS works with OS 10.9? (I've had other unpleasant experiences with upgrades where Mac creates a nice new folder after upgrading with"dead" programs that the new OS killed. Help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Can AE 5.5 work with Mac OS 10.9?
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 5:14:48 pm

It is not officially supported. I've heard some people posting in forums about issues they're having with AE and, when they're told that version of AE isn't meant to be working on that OS, they say "but it works fine, the OS isn't the problem!" But, um, it probably is.

I really like some of the new features of CS6 and CC, so I am of the opinion that you should upgrade both your OS and your version of After Effects! ;)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Peter RafalowRe: Can AE 5.5 work with Mac OS 10.9?
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:35:39 pm

Thanks for your response Michael. Ah, just as I AE works perfectly now, but time is passing and I'll have to upgrade one of these days I guess. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved