ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ink blot transitions from one shape to another

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas DiakomichalisInk blot transitions from one shape to another
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 3:52:57 pm

Hi, I have a series of video footage ink blots and I'm looking for advise on how to best approach relatively quick transitions between them - that is, I want ink blot A (in position A in my comp) to transition shape and position into ink blot B (in position B), which subsequently transitions into ink blot C (in position C), etc. I want to retain the slow bleeding edges at each position, before the blot as a whole morphs and shifts into the next blot.

Going to try various warp/morph plugins (possibly Re:Vision's Re:Flex plugin?) but any other advise appreciated.

Hope this all makes sense!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Ink blot transitions from one shape to another
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 4:18:37 pm

The Reshape effect in AE would be the tool I would try if I didn't have access to third-party plugins such as those you've mentioned.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Ink blot transitions from one shape to another
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 7:00:29 pm

You might be able to pick the frame you want to start the transition. auto trace that one frame on in blot A, and auto trace the beginning of the ink blot B and animate the mask from one to the other

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]