ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Watermark opacity

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon AdamWatermark opacity
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 9:59:35 am
Last Edited By Brandon Adam on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:03:48 am

Hello CC,

I have a watermark that will be placed over video and would like the texture/opacity to look similar to the logo below. I guess I could just play around with the opacity, but I'm mostly aiming for the soft white edge shown on the top right corner on the seven.

(another example)

Any idea on how this could be done?

Thank you

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Watermark opacity
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 11:52:31 am

Probably a few ways to do this, but one method would be to create your logo and place it where you want it. Create a solid, place it below the logo layer(I do this just so it's easier to see my work) and apply a radial gradient to it. Make the center white and the outside a gray color. Move the center to where you would like your logo to be white, then move the gray end point so that the white fades out pretty quickly.

Pre-comp the gradient layer and add a "Set Matte" effect to your logo layer. Change the "Take Matte from" Layer to your Gradient Precomp and "Use for Matte" to the Luminance Channel.

Here's a quick example project:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Brandon AdamRe: Watermark opacity
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 12:09:10 pm

Thank you John for your excellent help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved