ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

creating a particle effect that reforms to a shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven latham
creating a particle effect that reforms to a shape
on Aug 3, 2014 at 3:05:40 pm

Help desperately required!

I need to go back into work tomorrow saying I know how to do this, and at the moment I'm pretty stumped!

I'm trying to create a swirl of particles that grow, then reduce to form a logo, then shatters again to swirl and form another logo, and so on.

I've used the AE particle effect to create a swirl I'm happy with but I can't control it.
I want to be able to keyframe it so that it slows, then reduces in size back to where it came from, whilst maintaining the same rotation.
The idea being I have the logo appear with the shatter effect on, but reverse-timed so it rebuilds.
I'd match the size and colours of the triangles better, I just need the swirl to decrease and fit in with the shatter triangles.

I think if I could refine the transition between these 2 elements it would be ok so if anyone has any advice I'd be eternally grateful!

Also, I'm happy to consider trapcode particular or any other plug-in if it would do the job properly!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Return to posts index

Steven latham
Re: creating a particle effect that reforms to a shape
on Aug 3, 2014 at 5:15:59 pm

sorry, here's the example

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/quick-example-particle-swirl-combined-wit...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 4, 2014 at 4:22:59 pm

You would do this with two instances of a particle effect. One swirling one direction and one swirling the other. Then time reverse one of them.

Alternatively, simply scale a precomp containing the swirling particles down and combine it with the Reshape effect to make it form a new shape. (This would be even easier with Particular as you could play with the air physics and force fields to get the particles to move the way you would like. Also, the particles would be swirling at all, it would just be the camera moving around them OR you could animate the world axis to spin.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steven latham
on Aug 4, 2014 at 8:11:05 pm

Hey Michael thanks so much for your response!

I'll give that a try

kind regards

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]