ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Time Warp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Egil ArntzenTime Warp
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 8:59:33 pm

I am going nuts with the Time Warp effect hereā€¦ I have one video in one layer.
I trim the layer so I have 5 seconds of the clip that I want, which I want to be run in slow motion. When I add the Time Warp effect with speed set to 50, the video jumps to a whole different section than the one I picked out. Is there a way to do this easier?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Time Warp
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 11:36:50 pm

Any time AE has to affect time in any way, you should transcode any h.264/mp4/avchd/mpeg files to a lossless codec with complete information for each and every frame. Quicktime's ProRes, PNG and Animation codec are good, as are Avid's DNxHD codecs.

So is a lossless AVI, but the file size is mind-boggling.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Egil ArntzenRe: Time Warp
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 11:54:00 pm

But my problem is not that it's running slow. I am just trying to add a "slow motion" to a section". And once I add the Time Warp with speed set to 50%, I'll have to drag the video layer back very far, so I get the part that I want.

Return to posts index

Egil ArntzenRe: Time Warp
by on Aug 1, 2014 at 12:12:28 am

Ok, I think I figured it out. Don't know if this is the proper way to do it. But I put in one keyframe for the speed at 100% at the beginning of my trimmed clip. Then one frame later I added another where the speed was set to 50%. Now I my selected section in slow motion!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved