ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Precomp & Comp Differences

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin SimsPrecomp & Comp Differences
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 8:03:16 pm

I created a logo animation in after effects with a transparent background, so I could put it into another comp with a background, etc. I used Illustrator elements in the animation with continuously rasterize turned on. After I did the animation I wanted the logo to appear bigger on screen, so I scaled it up. In scaling it up, obviously I lost definition so I turned the Collapse Transformation/Continuously Rasterize on.

When looking at the animation, one of my layers is shifted slightly and is not lining up once the animation is complete. I'm not exactly sure what is causing this, and I'm quite certain I was not having this issue yesterday when I created the animation.

Below are two photos of the layer correct in the animated logo comp and shifted in my editing comp.

Animated Logo Comp:

Editing Comp:

Machine details:
Adobe After Effects CC 2014
Windows 7 - 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
AMD Radeon HD6350

I'm sure I'm forgetting another bit of information you all need.

I'm just not sure why that single layer is slightly off. If I move the comp around, that layer is even more off center.

Return to posts index

Justin SimsRe: Precomp & Comp Differences
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 1:33:33 pm

I still don't know what happened before to create this problem, but I fixed it, at least temporarily.

I put an adjustment layer into the logo animation composition and parented each other layer to it. Then I scaled the adjustment layer up 150% and took off the scale up in the EditingComp.

If anyone has any other ideas on how I could avoid this problem in the future, that would be great.

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Precomp & Comp Differences
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 4:20:05 pm

If parenting fixed the problem, then maybe the anchor point on that one layer was shifted somehow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved