ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects won't connect to Cinema 4D until I turn off the wireless internet?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Owain Hopkins
After effects won't connect to Cinema 4D until I turn off the wireless internet?
on Jul 30, 2014 at 3:02:30 pm

Hello,

I don't know what the problem is but i create a cinema 4d file in after effects, then when I try to move through the timeline after effects stalls for 5 minutes every time.

It works fine when I turn the internet connection off. But i need the internet on as well.

Could it be something blocking it in the wireless router?

Owain

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After effects won't connect to Cinema 4D until I turn off the wireless internet?
on Jul 30, 2014 at 3:34:22 pm

It's possible that you've got your firewall set to block things on public networks or private networks or both. Thus, when you're not connected to a network, your firewall lets the data pass, but when you're connected, it shuts down.

Basically, go into your operating system's firewall settings and set it to allow all of your Adobe software.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Owain Hopkins
Re: After effects won't connect to Cinema 4D until I turn off the wireless internet?
on Jul 30, 2014 at 3:46:42 pm

Do you mean on my mac or in the router settings?

Any idea how I do thus?

Return to posts index

Owain Hopkins
on Jul 30, 2014 at 3:48:27 pm

Actually, I just found the firewall in the mac OS system preferences but it is turned off?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 30, 2014 at 5:24:20 pm

Well, let's see....

We know you're on a Mac, we know you use the Mac firewall, and we know you run C4D and AE. That's it.

Versions of OS & Software -- right down to the very last decimal point -- plus the hardware specs for the mac would be of immense value in making a diagnosis.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:32:55 pm

After Effects and Cinema 4D communicate over TCP. It may be that your wireless internet system is using/blocking the port that they're trying to use for their communication.

You can try using a different TCP port by changing the value in the Cineware settings (which you get to by clicking the Options button in the Cineware effect in the Effect Controls panel).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jul 31, 2014 at 4:16:22 pm

Did you download after effects? Might need a reinstall.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]