ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Add hand written text on the wall in movie using premiere pro/after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elijah SmithAdd hand written text on the wall in movie using premiere pro/after effects
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:04:56 am

I am editing my movie. In several scenes shot in 1 room, i want to show certain hand written text on one of the walls as a part of the background. There was no text on the wall during production. Is it possible for me to add the affect in post production using photoshop/after effects/premiere pro? Also, in which software should I create the hand written text - illustrator or photoshop?

Return to posts index

Chris LewinRe: Add hand written text on the wall in movie using premiere pro/after effects
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 1:01:50 pm

You could write the text by hand, scan it into your computer, use after effects to track the wall and put it on :)

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Add hand written text on the wall in movie using premiere pro/after effects
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 3:31:43 pm

Depending on how the shots are set up, you might end up using several different methods to track things on to the walls. AE has a 3d camera tracker built into it which you might need. Mocha that comes with AE is a great planar tracker which you might need to use.
Here's a link to motion tracking resources.

And, if anything would be going across in front of the type, you'll need to do rotoscoping. Here's a link to rotoscoping resources.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]