ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Increasing Boundries of 3D Object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Barnett
Increasing Boundries of 3D Object
on Jul 30, 2014 at 12:44:52 am
Last Edited By Shaun Barnett on Jul 30, 2014 at 12:46:28 am

Hi Guys! I've got another question and you're always super helpful. Thanks in advance!

I've imported a PSD file of a 3D object into After Effects for the first time ever and it turns and rotates and everything like it's supposed to. But any part that goes outside the initial layer boundaries disappears. I've taken a screenshot and drawn a red box to show where the ship disappears. How do I make this area bigger? Ideally, it'd be comp size.

To rephrase, when I bring the ship and it's controller layer into the comp, it's inside that box and fits fine. However, when I resize, move, or rotate anything that goes outside the box disappears. I've tried starting with the default comps size (which is the red box) and then increasing the comp size, but the ship will still only appear inside the box.

Return to posts index

Shaun Barnett
Re: Increasing Boundries of 3D Object
on Jul 30, 2014 at 12:57:31 am

I think I've fixed it. I made the PSD file much bigger, parented the layer (not the controller) to a null, and was able to move that null so the new, larger layer, fills the whole screen.

Return to posts index

Chris Lewin
on Jul 30, 2014 at 1:38:49 pm

Does the photoshop canvas size match the composition size in after effects?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 30, 2014 at 4:59:55 pm

What version of AE are you running? There may be a more efficient workflow than that bad 'ol Photoshop 3D gimmick, which Adobe doesn't even support in more recent versions because it was so crummy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]