ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Transform Shape Layers and Offset Paths

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter StoneTransform Shape Layers and Offset Paths
by on Jul 29, 2014 at 9:49:20 pm

I am having a problem getting the Offset Paths and Round Corners effects to work in the way a Stroke effect works in relation to changing scale. When I transform the scale of my path, the stroke is unaffected because it is below the transform path option. Offset Paths and Round corners are also below the path transform, but they are effected changing by the scale on the path. See images for layer order and the desired result.

Layer Order and 100% Scale:

Problem at 40% Scale:

Desired Result:

The stroke works properly, it doesnt change with scale. Do offset paths and rounded corners not work in the same way? I want to have the same radius and a consistent offset, just as I have the same stroke. Offset paths is more important than rounded corners for this case, but in theory I expect them to all work the same. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your time,

Return to posts index

Peter StoneRe: Transform Shape Layers and Offset Paths
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 2:40:35 am

Its still the same issue if I try the layer order with the transform below offset and round corner. AE renders shapes from the bottom up right, so shouldnt this apply the transform to my path, then offset it and then round it? What is going on?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved