ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tracking in Mocha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel GrixtiTracking in Mocha
by on Jul 29, 2014 at 6:10:28 am
Last Edited By Daniel Grixti on Jul 29, 2014 at 6:11:37 am

Hello there,

I am trying to do what I thought would be a simple track using Mocha Plus, but am having some unusual problems so would really appreciate some words of advice!

I have attached a screen shot from the video I am attempting to track.

As you can see, it is a plain white board with a tracking dot placed at each corner. In theory, this should be a very simple track, but the spline seems to drift a lot when I track it.

Could anyone point me to a useful tutorial or give some words of wisdom on how to achieve this track. I would very much appreciate it.

Dan

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Tracking in Mocha
by on Jul 29, 2014 at 1:05:59 pm

Mocha is a planar tracker, so it does well with patterns like brick. I would suggest using AE's point tracker for this (in corner pin mode).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Daniel GrixtiRe: Tracking in Mocha
by on Jul 29, 2014 at 10:07:51 pm

Thanks for the reply, Michael.

Do you know if there is a way to track all four dots separately and link each dot to the corner of a four sided shape (the actual sign that I will put on the board?) So that when the board moves slightly, the perspective of the image that I have linked to the tracking points will change relatively.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Tracking in Mocha
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 3:02:16 am

Yes. AE's corner pin tracker.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Tracking in Mocha
by on Aug 1, 2014 at 6:22:46 pm

You can easily track this in mocha.

All the white will throw off mocha, so what you should do is create a track shape around one of the corners, including the track mark. Next, use the X+ button the create another search shape on the same layer for each other corner. Than track.

Another technique would be to draw 1 layer shape in mocha that only looks at the edges and track points and avoids the center.

In general mocha will give far better results on this type of shot than the AE point tracker if you know how to properly set up the search area.

Best,
Ross

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]