ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trouble with Text Disappearing while Rotoscoping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan HannonTrouble with Text Disappearing while Rotoscoping
by on Jul 27, 2014 at 4:14:06 am

I am working with Adobe After Effects CS6 and I am using the Roto Brush to do a simple mask out of a person walking behind a text.

It's about a 10 second clip but after about 4-5 seconds in of rotoscoping the text just disappears? Any ideas of what is causing this? The text layer is still there, and the text will show back up after the video footage but for some reason the text just disappears in the middle of the clip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

AD NarayanRe: Trouble with Text Disappearing while Rotoscoping
by on Jul 28, 2014 at 4:43:06 am

Have you taken a look at the rotoscoped layer to ensure that it has properly painted your foreground on every frame. I find with the rotobrush there are times when it be fine one frame, but the next frame it well select your entire plate and basically forces you to repaint over your foreground.

My suggestion would be to ram preview the layer with the rotobrush and see if it properly rotoscoped through the entire sequence.

Freelancer Video Producer at RedArch Designs | Media Manager and Motion Graphics artist at Tomorrowland Sound & Vision

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Trouble with Text Disappearing while Rotoscoping
by on Jul 28, 2014 at 3:41:10 pm

Also, did you remember to freeze your Roto Brush after you got a good result?

If you haven't already, I would highly recommend going through some training on the Roto Brush. It's not as intuitive as it looks.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved