ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Optical Flow - Where's the end of my clip?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James HernandezOptical Flow - Where's the end of my clip?
by on Jul 26, 2014 at 12:44:28 am

I have a clip that is about 3:24 long, and with slow motion it will probably end up being around 4:24 long, maybe a little less.

I have plenty of extra room in my Composition just in case.

When I slow down the Velocity of my video to 70, it's a beautiful, flowing slow-motion effect.

HOWEVER -- the clip stayed the same length so I don't see ending of my clip in slow motion. It remains 3:24 long???

How do I just make the whole clip slow-motion (I don't know or care how long the clip will be once it's all slow-motion, I just want it all slow-motion)??

Thanks for any help. :)

Return to posts index

Mike ZimbardRe: Optical Flow - Where's the end of my clip?
by on Jul 27, 2014 at 6:22:00 pm

How are you making the speed change? Are you using the time stretch percentage in the timeline or doing it by adding the Timewarp filter to the clip directly?

If you're time stretching the clip it should just automatically extend within your comp and you can enable optical flow by clicking twice under the frame blending icon.

If you're using the Timewarp filter you have 2 options. Option 1. Pre-comp your clip and leave room in your comp after your clip to account for the slow-motion and then apply the Timewarp filter to the precomp. Option 2. Apply the Timewarp filter to the effect directly and set your speed. Then in the Interpret Footage window change number of loops to 2 and you will be able to extend the outpoint of the clip so that you'll be able to see full clip length in slow motion.

Good luck!

- Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved