ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to convert 25fps to 30fps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay LloydHow to convert 25fps to 30fps
by on Jul 25, 2014 at 7:34:43 am

I have some 25fps material in a 30fps project. What is the best way to convert it?
I tried a lot softwares and they all introduce a lot of artifacts after the conversion.
At the moment, I just put the 25fps clip in a 30fps comp. AE keeps its length by repeating every 6th frame.
It's the best result I could get so far.

But is there a better solution?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to convert 25fps to 30fps
by on Jul 25, 2014 at 4:52:43 pm

Twixtor. Google it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jay LloydRe: How to convert 25fps to 30fps
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 9:51:23 am

Thanks. I tried twixtor, that didn't really work. It produced a lot of artifacts.
It's the same for the timewarp effects in AE. It also produced a lot of artrifacts, but at different frames.
I also tried telestream episode, that didn't work either. It creates a new frame every 5 frames by blending 2 frames together. It's like AE's approach, except it's more noticeable.

Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: How to convert 25fps to 30fps
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 11:43:01 am

Is 25 Hz footage required to be the same speed / length at 30 Hz? If not, in AE, choose "Interperate footage" and change the footage frame rate there. 25 to 30 fps is however a noticeable speed increase (20%). If you also require sound to match your best bet I having it pitch-corrected-converted via Protools or similar.

If you require the footage to be the same length there really isn't any magic souce software out there sadly. A Terranex box might give you better results but that's 2000 USD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved