ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Load Screen Freezes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan TrenkampAfter Effects Load Screen Freezes
by on Jul 25, 2014 at 2:20:13 am

Until recently, my Adobe Production Premium CS5 worked fine. Two weeks ago, my Premiere Pro CS5 would freeze on the loading screen. After some research, I managed to open the program by dragging the Adobe QT32 Server folder onto my Desktop. However, my After Effects now freezes on the load screen now with Initializing Mediacore. I've done many hours of research and deleted preferences and reset them. I've also allowed everything to run through my Firewall just in case, and After Effects CS5 still refuses to open. The same goes for my Encore as well, but Photoshop and Soundbooth open fine. It's been frustrating and the lack of solutions to this problem is making me want to finally make the switch to the Creative Cloud, which I think maybe is what Adobe had in mind all along?

Please help. Here are my system specs.
HP Z420
10 gb ram
Nvidia Quadra 2000
Premiere Pro CS5
After Effects CS5
Encore CS5

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects Load Screen Freezes
by on Jul 25, 2014 at 1:42:04 pm

While I enjoy the new features released in CS6, CC, and CC 2014, I don't think you should feel forced to upgrade. What OS are you running? Are you getting any error messages? What does your crash log say?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved