ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Media Pending with Dynamic Link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Haskin
Media Pending with Dynamic Link
on Jul 21, 2014 at 8:34:28 pm

Here's a new one on me: I dynamically linked a fairly complex AE (CC 2014) composition. It's got cameras, lights, flares, etc. running throughout it along with some footage. My problem is that even though I rendered it in PPro (CC 2014 as well) and after the render, I could hear the sound, I only got the ocher "Media Pending" window in PPro.

Anyone ever have this before. I've linked some pretty complex comps in PPro before, but have never seen this.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Media Pending with Dynamic Link
on Jul 21, 2014 at 9:12:16 pm

Did you encode directly via Premiere, or did you add to an AME queue from Pr?

Do you see the "Media Pending" message in Pr? Do you see it in the encoder's preview window if you go to the timecode for the problem?

What are your system specs?

I'll offer a couple pieces of generic Premiere troubleshooting advice:

Check "preferences" permission as follows if on a Mac:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/permissions-mac-os-start-adobe-...

Clean media cache database (Preferences > Media > Media Cache Database > Clean)

In extreme cases, delete the cache (forces Premiere to rebuild, may take some time when you next load the project)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Steve Haskin
on Jul 21, 2014 at 9:28:43 pm
Last Edited By Steve Haskin on Jul 21, 2014 at 9:30:14 pm

Yop. Did all. Just strange. This might be the first time I've done a 'live' dynamic link with 2014.

System is Win 7 (latest updates)
nVidia Quadro K4000 card
32 GB RAM
Maybe 6 or so TB of HD space (all SSD)

Cache cleared. PPro rebuilt previews.

No joy. Just strange. Solved problem by rendering in AE, then importing avi to PPro, but that's a kiuge.

BTW...Thanks!

Steve

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 21, 2014 at 9:36:21 pm

Is this problem reproducible, or does it seem to have been a one-time thing related to this project?

[Steve Haskin] "Solved problem by rendering in AE, then importing avi to PPro, but that's a kiuge."

For more complex Ae work, I generally render to an intermediate (making sure that Project Link is checked in the output module). From Premiere, if I need to make a change, I can just right-click and use Edit Original to open the appropriate AEP back up.

That said, for lighter work (titles, mainly, extended with expressions! [link]), I've leaned pretty heavily on Dynamic Link, but I haven't seen this behavior yet. I'd love to figure out if there's something specific that triggers it.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Steve Haskin
on Jul 21, 2014 at 9:41:48 pm

Exactly how I work! I'm forever doing dynamic linking, especially for titles and other light work. This was a particularly complex link with at least 20 comps embedded in AE, with the whole pre-rendered and a lot of it precomped, especially where there was a plug-in involved in a given composition.

The only thing I've got to reproduce it now is the same thing.

I'm going to dink with other settings and see if that might work. And I don't know if Adobe has changed the dynamic link engine with this release.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]