ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AEDynamicLinkServer error and .dll issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J Casey
AEDynamicLinkServer error and .dll issues
on Jul 21, 2014 at 3:27:06 pm

Last week suddenly most of my CC 2014 suite will not open. When attempting to open AE, I get "After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AEDynamicLinkServer". I contacted Adobe support, who in turn contacted Microsoft support, told me I should contact MS directly who then wanted to charge me $99 to be on the phone. I called Adobe back and now the only advice they offer is to delete everything having to do with Adobe, reinstall windows, and start over. This seems about as smart as scorching the fields because a weed popped up.

Has anyone seen this error or have any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,
Steven

Dell Precision T7500
Intel Xeon CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz 2.66 GHz (2 processors)
60GB RAM
Quadro 4000
Windows 7 Ultimate
CC 2014
M-Audio FW 410

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: AEDynamicLinkServer error and .dll issues
on Jul 21, 2014 at 6:51:53 pm

[Steven J Casey] " This seems about as smart as scorching the fields because a weed popped up."

It's more like scorching the fields because they've been taken over by voracious herbivores that are preventing the fields from growing anything useful.

That being said, what changed on your system? Did your OS update? Did you add more security software or change any firewall settings?

SOMETHING has changed otherwise things would still work. The only problem is finding out what changed.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]