ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

External compositing tag & Cineware keyframe interpolation problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas DavisExternal compositing tag & Cineware keyframe interpolation problem
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 11:51:42 am

I'm having an issue with the external compositing tag in Cinema 4D.

Here's my scene setup:

I have a plane with an external compositing tag attached to it, this is set to rotate 360 degrees.

Extracting the cinema 4D data into After Effects produces the null as expected; however the keyframe rotation of the null is slightly off.

After looking at a few things I *think* it's because the interpolation in C4D is set to spline (changing the keyframes to linear in C4D aligns the null properly but obviously I lose the easing..)

Any ideas as to how I can pull in the interpolation properly?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: External compositing tag & Cineware keyframe interpolation problem
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:44:32 pm

First, please consider filing a bug [link].

To work around this, you can bake the object in C4D. In the timeline window, select the plane object, then use Functions > Bake objects...

Make sure the frame range covers your needs. Make sure that you choose "Create copy" so you can go back and edit the original later (and re-bake) if you want to. Make sure that Rotation is included.

You may want to turn off rendering for your copy in the object manager.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Thomas DavisRe: External compositing tag & Cineware keyframe interpolation problem
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:55:23 pm

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately it also seems as though Cinema 4D lite doesn't support animation baking.

I'll submit a bug report, just thought I'd check first in case I was missing a step!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]