ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering transparent background and adding to iWeb

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dallas kruse
Rendering transparent background and adding to iWeb
on Jul 21, 2014 at 4:08:47 am

I have a comp for a website that I'm doing.

I have a transparent background and some fading in WHITE text with a light ray animated behind it.

I have followed instructions on how to render with the transparency intact (Quicktime, PNG, RGB+Alpha, Millions of Colors+). When I render it out and watch it in Quicktime, the light ray isn't correct and there's no transparency. Same thing with Final Cut Pro.
When I bring the footage back into AE, the transparency is there so I'm assuming that the transparency is there but QT & FC just don't play transparency files.

I need the transparency bc I want the text to reveal over a background picture I have in my webpage design.

Is there anyway to get this done right? I need the file to NOT be 300+ megabytes and when I drag the clip into COMPRESSOR to make it smaller, nothing is showing on the preview screen. I've been doing some research but haven't found anything to make it work correctly.

Can someone help me with this?

In the end, what I'm attempting to do is add the QT video into my iWeb page and have it play. I'm not a coder so I don't know how to make this happen any other way than making a QT movie and then adding it iWeb.

thanks in advance.

Music Producer dabbling in Video.
FCP 7. CS3, 5. AE.
Canon T3i.

Return to posts index

dallas kruse
Re: Rendering transparent background and adding to iWeb
on Jul 21, 2014 at 4:26:34 am

So i have successfully added the file to iWeb just to see if the transparency was there and it was. Now the issue is is that the QT file is 250 MB. Obviously WAY too big for my sight.

The dimensions of the slider are 1280x488. Is there ANY way to compress this down to a viable file size for use for web?

Music Producer dabbling in Video.
FCP 7. CS3, 5. AE.
Canon T3i.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Rendering transparent background and adding to iWeb
on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:34:38 pm

Most transparent web video I've seen was FLV. It supports transparency and high compression based on MPEG-4.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]