ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mocha, export the planar surface

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dean chapmanMocha, export the planar surface
by on Jul 19, 2014 at 10:44:16 pm

I've tracked a piece of footage. I'd like to export the area of the frame within the planar surface (the area displayed when you push the "show planar surface" button in Mocha). I need to retouch this area of the frame in PS, and then use corner pin track to swap it in AE.

So, there a way to export the planar surface area?

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Mocha, export the planar surface
by on Jul 20, 2014 at 12:19:25 pm

Well, can always make solid, set solid to make a comp size, paste mocha corner pin data on that solid, then set alpha matte on your footage to that solid.
Then you can either export them as image sequence, or if you intended to edit one frame, just use Composition|Save Frame As.

Sorry if this is not helpful..

Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Mocha, export the planar surface
by on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:27:25 am

If I understand your question right, you want to use the align surface button. This is found under the layer controls and will "push the blue surface back to full frame".

The workflow is track your shot. Adjust your surface as usual. On the frame that you want to paint on, choose the Align Surface button, which resets the surface to full frame size on this specific frame.

Than in Photoshop choose that frame and paint on it.

This workflow allows a user to track a full frame image into a corner pin, so paint work can be done on the full frame.

Hope this helps.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved