ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Duplicate and array random objects or layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak
Duplicate and array random objects or layer?
on Jul 19, 2014 at 11:28:27 am

Hi,
I try to make animation of growing stack of money. It is possible to make duplicate in one axis duplicating random layers (different currencies)? It should make by expressions or I can do this by some plugins? I tried Red Giant Echospace but I can't selecting layers to random:/
Thanks in advance!
Regards

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Duplicate and array random objects or layer?
on Jul 21, 2014 at 2:02:13 pm

[Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak] "I try to make animation of growing stack of money. It is possible to make duplicate in one axis duplicating random layers (different currencies)? It should make by expressions or I can do this by some plugins? I tried Red Giant Echospace but I can't selecting layers to random:/"

You could do it with expressions, or you could do it manually pretty quickly with Echospace. Duplicate a single layer a bunch of times, then use Echospace to arrange them how you like -- then randomly replace the contents of the layers.

Select a layer in the timeline, select a new item to replace it with from the project panel and press Ctrl+Alt+/ on a PC or Cmd+Opt+/ on a Mac, or hold Alt or Option while dragging the item from the project panel onto the layer to replace.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]