ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a raindrop picture animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus RohwetterCreating a raindrop picture animation
by on Jul 18, 2014 at 4:50:40 am

Hey everyone,

I edit video for the company that I work for, and I was given the task to create a transition for our logo. My boss wants the logo to fall onto the screen a little piece at a time like raindrops until the whole logo is complete.

My question is: how does one even do that?

Is adobe After Effects even the correct piece of software that I should be using? I have the entire CS6 collection at my disposal. If someone could get back to me and help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating a raindrop picture animation
by on Jul 18, 2014 at 8:35:51 pm

Sometimes my boss says things like and I want to reply just like you " how does one even do that?". Boss's sure can be great and coming up with ideas...regardless of what it takes to implement them.

Anyway, your logo falls on to the screen like raindrops. First can you post the logo, might help in figuring out how to do this, or suggests alternatives. Is the logo supposed to be broken in pieces? If it's falling like a raindrop, that's just moving on Y, then hitting the floor/stop. Did he see a video that inspired this and if so, do you have a link?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm having a hard time visualizing exactly what your boss is trying to accomplish.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating a raindrop picture animation
by on Jul 19, 2014 at 1:49:10 pm
Last Edited By John Cuevas on Jul 19, 2014 at 1:52:14 pm

Here's an old tutorial, using particle playground to blow away text like sand---you might be able to modify this to create what you need.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/eriksson_emanuel/sand.php

Course if you have some of the trapcode products(like form), you could accomplish it with that too.

http://www.redgiant.com/videos/quicktips/item/281/

Granted this is sand to text, but with the right adjustments, you should be able to make it look like particles/drops falling down and creating your logo.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]