ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a composition that has audio before it has visuals?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Krauth-HardingCreating a composition that has audio before it has visuals?
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 8:52:52 pm

(I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place, I'm still getting used to this website.)

Hello! At the moment, I'm working on creating an outro in After Effects, which I will later export as a finished clip to premiere pro. However, I've sort of hit a wall. My problem is that I want to have the audio (song) in my outro, fade in while the last clip of my premiere piece is playing, and then have the visuals come in after that piece is done. I know an obvious answer would just to be use the audio track separately from the outro's visuals, but if possible, I'd like to avoid that. So, what should I do? It crossed my mind to start the clip with just a transparent composition, but I'm not even sure if that is possible.

If you're having trouble understanding what I'm trying to explain, you can find an example of this here:

- You can see that the audio comes in before the outro begins.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Creating a composition that has audio before it has visuals?
by on Jul 18, 2014 at 12:39:15 am

[Josh Krauth-Harding] "It crossed my mind to start the clip with just a transparent composition, but I'm not even sure if that is possible."

You can do that.

The audio edit may require a bit of finesse in Pr anyway (to duck around any audio in the actual clip), but there's no reason you can't keep it in one element if you wish.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Josh Krauth-HardingRe: Creating a composition that has audio before it has visuals?
by on Jul 18, 2014 at 8:44:33 pm

How would I create this though? Would I just have the audio come in before I made anything visual in the composition happen? Still a little lost.

Graphic/Motion Designer in Training... lots of training.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Creating a composition that has audio before it has visuals?
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:19:54 pm

Your audio starts wherever your first audio layer starts. Your visuals start wherever your first visual layer starts.
Their proximity to the start of the composition is what you need to adjust. Simply have your audio layer start and have no visual layer until you're ready for it.

Heck, you could do an entire comp with nothing but audio if you wanted.

If this is something you're struggling with, I would highly recommend that you start here. Otherwise you will be frustrated.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]