ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3D bug?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George TsirogiannisElement 3D bug?
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 9:54:07 am

I am trying to precompose an Element 3D layer to use its Zdepth with Particular. I precomposed it, moved all attributes to new comp and copied cameras and custom layers.

The problem is, while I am able to see the Zdepth map when I open the new comp (which is the result of the Precompose prompt), it won't show on the old comp (where I want to use the ZDepth map).

FYI, the Element 3D plugin has two extruded custom layers (one is text, the other is an Illustrator file).

Is that some kind of bug or do I do anything wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Element 3D bug?
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:19:22 pm

Without seeing your project file, this might be hard to figure out.

Does anything in your precomp show up in the main comp? I mean, try adding just a solid layer or something.
Your cameras are identical in both comps and the timing of the two are lined up correctly, yes?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

George TsirogiannisRe: Element 3D bug?
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:22:22 pm

It actually was my fault. Turns out the Element 3D layer had turned into a guide layer for some reasons (I'm not familiar with guide layers in AE, I though a guide layer was a normal layer, just with guides - I didn't know it wasn't going to render on final output).

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Element 3D bug?
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:24:12 pm

Yep, that would do it!
Glad you figured it out.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

George TsirogiannisRe: Element 3D bug?
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:31:23 pm

hah, and I was so frustrated no one else on the entire Internet had the same "bug". Thanks for caring! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]