ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS6 crashes every time I open a specific project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Adamson
After Effects CS6 crashes every time I open a specific project
on Jul 17, 2014 at 12:27:29 am

Hi all,

I've recently experienced a number of crashes whenever I try to open one specific project in After Effects CS6. I noticed the problem started happening immediately after I attempted to import it to Adobe Media Encoder (which it refused to do, the importing progress bar consistently froze at it's end). I've tried duplicating the project, clearing my disk cache, importing the project into a new project and nothing is working. I'm downloading the trial of the Creative Cloud version of After Effects now to see if that will rectify the issue. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also my system specs are as follows:

Macbook Pro early 2013 15-inch Retina Display
2.7GHz Intel i7 Quad Core
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB (CUDA installed)
512GB Flash Memory

I also run Adobe After Effects version 11.0.2.11 on Mac OSX 10.8.5

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects CS6 crashes every time I open a specific project
on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:59:17 am

You might have a corrupt project file. Got a backup?

If no, you can try importing the problem project file into a new one. It sounds weird, but it helps on quite a few occasions.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effects CS6 crashes every time I open a specific project
on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:16:13 pm

If you don't want to pay for the Creative Cloud version, you should update your CS6 install. You're only on 11.0.2 and the latest version is 11.0.4 which includes a lot of bug fixes.

If it works opening it in version 13 or version 12, you can save back incrementally to version 11 so you can keep working that project when the trial runs out (unless you love the new versions).

What's in this project? What sort of footage (format and codec), scripts, effects, expressions, plug-ins, etc.?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]