ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

New PC build for editing, daily use of after effects, opinions and comments ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francis Do Monte
New PC build for editing, daily use of after effects, opinions and comments ?
on Jul 16, 2014 at 8:55:25 pm

I'm building a new PC for using video editing softwares with because my old one is getting tired. I'd like to know what people think of that configuration. I plan on using this computer with the latest versions of After Effects and Premiere, i'm also beginning to learn Cinema 4D.

ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK2

Corsair Vengeance 1866 DDR3 RAM (4x8gig)

Barracuda 2TB (x2)

Intel Core i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4.0Ghz

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual 3GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case.

Power Supply ? Dunno what's good and durable here, care to help me what to choose ?

Those things combined are pretty much maxing out my budget so i'm open to changing something for something else if it's worth it and not twice the price of it.

Thanks !!

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
Re: New PC build for editing, daily use of after effects, opinions and comments ?
on Jul 17, 2014 at 5:13:49 pm

For the RAM, why not 8x4gb chips? That might save you a bit of money, but I suppose if you decided to go up to 64gb, the 4x8gb might be smarter, but that CPU only supports 32gb. I don't know much about the other stuff except I might persuade you to consider a different CPU if you're considering C4D usage. C4D doesn't use any GPU to render and all your preview and renders are CPU powered. Go check this site out for benchmarks and scores http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/Benchmarks/cinebench.html

I have the older, but great i7-3930k (Q4 2011) I bought last year and it's been a pretty good little work horse - got a pretty good score on that chart comparatively albeit overclocked to its max speed of 4.9ghz (not recommended).

I really comes down to CPU power and of course what combination of CPU/mobo/RAM you can afford.

Good luck!

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]