ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua ChaulkAfter Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:42:12 pm

I have a Win 7(64-bit) OS
16 GB RAM
AE CC 2014

I am animating some cartoons right now and since i downloaded the new 2014 edition on AE CC i have been getting this error when i work on a comp for a while. It pops up randomly as I'm working at least a couple times a day. The only way I've been able to fix it is just by restarting the program.

Is there something I am doing to cause this or is it just a glitch?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: After Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 7:06:28 pm

assuming your not on the last from of the comp, and preview isn't set to 'from current time' you may want to file a bug report:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

when it happens again, you might try edit>purge>all and see if that helps before restarting ae.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Joshua ChaulkRe: After Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 8:17:04 pm

Thanks Kevin, I'll try that.

Return to posts index

Ales DokulilRe: After Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 9:05:16 am

I have the same problem (After Effects CC with the latest update)... I already tried all advice but nothing has been solved. What else could I try? I'm a bit desperate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]